Modpack Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated July 10, 2017
May I include JourneyMap in my modpack?
If the following conditions are met, you may include JourneyMap 5.1.1 or later in your modpack launcher/installer:
- JourneyMap must be downloaded directly to the user's machine from the official JourneyMap file repository on CurseForge (the Curse CDN). (One user = one download).
Which Modpack launchers are explicitly approved?
All of the following launchers - provided they continue meeting the above conditions - are officially approved:
- ATLauncher is granted "Direct Link Permission" to include JourneyMap 4.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- Twitch Desktop App (formerly Curse) is granted permission to include JourneyMap 4.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- FeedTheBeast is granted permission to include JourneyMap 3.1.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- MCUpdater is granted permission to link to JourneyMap 4.0 and later on the Curse CDN in serverpack XML files.
- Pixelmon Launcher is granted permission to link to JourneyMap 5.1.3 and later on the Curse CDN in both public and private Modpacks.
- Temporal Reality is granted permission to link to JourneyMap 5.1.0 and later on the Curse CDN in both public and private Modpacks.
- SKCraft (or a fork, provided the above conditions) is granted permission to use the Custom URL mechanism to link to JourneyMap 5.1.0 and later on the Curse CDN in both public and private Modpacks.
If your launcher is not listed here, but can meet the conditions for Modpack usage, contact techbrew on Discord.
May I distribute JourneyMap using Technic?
However, if you are creating a zip file of all mods and hosting it with Technic (the normal way), you are not permitted to distribute JourneyMap via the Technic launcher.
This policy will change (hopefully soon) when Technic provides a way for mods to be downloaded directly from mod authors' URLs. You are encouraged to lobby the Technic team to implement this feature: https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicSolder/issues/424
Notification is purely optional. We like hearing from you, and it helps us to know how JourneyMap is being enjoyed. If you like, tweet @JourneyMapMod about it. Be sure to tell us the modpack name and which launcher you're using.
What should I do if JourneyMap isn't playing nicely with other mods in my modpack?
- Ensure you have the newest version of JourneyMap to see if the problem has already been resolved. If not...
- Check the release notes to see if the problem is already a known issue. If not...
- Check with your Launcher's support staff or forums to see if it's a known or solved issue. If not...
- Open a ticket to report the problem. As always, please attach the journeyMap.log file produced during the game session where the problem occurred. I'll do my best to work with you on finding a fix for the problem.