If you have time, please read An Open Letter to Modpack Launchers before you check out the FAQ below.
Can I include JourneyMap in my modpack?
Updated November 18, 2015
Any mod launcher or installer may provide JourneyMap 5.1.1 or later if the following conditions are met:
- JourneyMap must be downloaded directly to the user's machine from the official JourneyMap file repository on CurseForge (the Curse CDN). (One user = one download).
What Modpack Launchers are Explicitly Approved?
- ATLauncher is granted "Direct Link Permission" to include JourneyMap 4.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- Curse for Minecraft is granted permission to include JourneyMap 4.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- FeedTheBeast is granted permission to include JourneyMap 3.1.0 and later in both public and private Modpacks.
- MCUpdater is granted permission to link to JourneyMap 4.0 and later on the Curse CDN in serverpack XML files.
- Temporal Reality is granted permission to link to JourneyMap 5.1.0 and later on the Curse CDN in both public and private Modpacks.
What Modpack Launchers are Not Approved?
You are not permitted to distribute JourneyMap via the Technic launcher, unless you are using SolderIO to download JourneyMap directly from the Curse CDN per user. (See this tutorial on how to do it.)
This policy will change (hopefully soon) when Technic provides a way for mods to be downloaded directly from mod authors' URLs. You are encouraged to lobby the Technic team to implement this feature: https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicSolder/issues/424
How do I Notify the Mod Author about my Pack?
Notification is purely optional. I like hearing from you, and it helps me to know how JourneyMap is being enjoyed. If you like, tweet me at @JourneyMapMod about it. Be sure to tell me the modpack name and which launcher you're using.
What should I do if JourneyMap isn't playing nicely with other mods in my modpack?
- Ensure you have the newest version of JourneyMap to see if the problem has already been resolved. If not...
- Check the release notes to see if the problem is already a known issue. If not...
- Check with your Launcher's support staff or forums to see if it's a known or solved issue. If not...
- Open a ticket to report the problem. As always, please attach the journeyMap.log file produced during the game session where the problem occurred. I'll do my best to work with you on finding a fix for the problem.