How to Install JourneyMap
Video courtesy of FeatheredGaming
- Go to JourneyMap Files on CurseForge, find the version of JourneyMap you have, and read the Changelog for the exact version of Forge you need. Usually it is the Recommended build of Forge.
- On the Minecraft Forge Downloads page, click the version of Minecraft you are using, and locate the "Recommended" installer. (or the installer for the version specified in the Changelog.)
- Download the "Installer" link of the release to get the Forge installer jar.
- If your Minecraft Launcher is currently running, you'll need to shut it down now. If you don't, the new Profile won't appear until you restart the Launcher.
- After it has downloaded, double-click the installer jar and a small dialog window will appear:
- Select the Install Client option and press OK. It will install a new "Forge" profile in your Minecraft Launcher.
Configure the Forge profile
- After the Forge profile is installed, run the Minecraft Launcher.
- In the Minecraft Launcher's Profile drop-down menu, select the new "Forge" profile. Click the Edit button:
- Optional: You can edit the Profile Name if desired. Ex: "Forge 1.7.10"
- If you have enough RAM, it is highly recommended that you allocate 1GB or more. Enable the checkbox next to JVM Arguments and use the default "-Xmx1G". If you need to allocate less or more than 1GB, and aren't comfortable with changing the value, see Tutorial: Giving Minecraft more RAM for details.
- Locate the Game Directory location on your computer. This is where Minecraft is installed. On Windows, this is usually
%appdata%/.minecraft. On OSX, this is usually
- If it doesn't exist yet, create a "mods" folder in the Minecraft directory (see above).
- Put the JourneyMap jar file into the mods directory.
- Use the Forge profile in your Minecraft Launcher and JourneyMap will be loaded for you. Happy mapping!
- If everything is installed correctly, you will see a "JourneyMap available" chat message in Minecraft. (If you don't see this, chances are good you don't have the correct version of Forge in your Minecraft launcher profile. See How to update your Minecraft Profile.
Try it Out!
- Start Minecraft and connect to a single player or multiplayer world.
- If everything is installed correctly, you will see a "JourneyMap available" chat message in Minecraft.
- Try out the in-game map by pressing 'J' or click the URL shown in the "JourneyMap available" chat message. (By default this will be http://localhost:8080.
Here's how to get Support if you need it.